Monday 3 November 2008

Golden treasure


I do love trees, especially at this time of the year. Comes of having an autumn birthday I suppose (today, actually!) The fir trees in the Park are now showing their glorious golden needles, which look wonderful against a blue sky, contrasted with the black branches.

Come the Spring, though, I am only too glad to find the tiny green buds sprouting from those black branches, and memories of wet cold winter beginning to vanish. But change invigorates me, and I think I would be a very dull person if life jogged along on a dull, even keel all the time!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to my Mum! Have a lovely golden day in the sun. Lots of love Sue x

Julie said...

Happy birthday. It's my Fathers birthday today as well he's 73! He loves the outdoors and the changes in seasons too.

Jules

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

Happy Birthday!
Hope you have a lovely, lovely time.