Sunday 22 February 2009

The weather has changed a bit and there is a nice wind! I like wind - it makes me feel more alive. I hate the sort of high pressure that sits on my head, weather it's heavy overcast clouds, like a ton weight on my head, and a headache to go with it, or whether its continuous heat and sunshine, which makes me feel lethargic. Not easily pleased, am I??

But a good wind, preferably near the coast, blowing through my hair - well, I could shout, laugh and dance around. I don't though, they might send for the men in white suits!! I did when I was younger, so now I dance in my spirit and shout in my soul.


Spring tulips are lovely, and those in the planter are a lovely red, but I couldn't resist trying a photo of the tulips indoors that I bought last week to cheer things up!

7 comments:

much2ponder said...

Those tulips are beautiful! I love tulips, they are one of my favorite flowers. Maybe they are my favorite. Dance in the wind like no one is watching:)

Sue said...

Gorgeous photos again! Love the colours. I love wind in my tail too :-)

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

those tulips look glorious!
mine are on the landing ( new ) windowsill..i have about a day left

Marja said...

I love the wind as long as it not too strong because it reminds me of the days that I had to bike against it on the way to school.
The flowers are absolutely beautiful

awareness said...

The winds whipped ferociously here yesterday, but did NOT bring spring. :) We have to wait a while for that.

Tulips are my all time favourite flowers. I carried them in my wedding bouquet...cream coloured. they were gorgeous. My mom managed to find them in the middle of winter for me.

Deedee said...

Nice Blog! Your photos are lovely. Glad to have found you!

kenju said...

Tulips are among my favorites, Gilly! Thanks for the visit. In my photos, there are at least 3 of those ceilings with skylights, and all of them have fountains in the center, with flowers around and tall palms in larger circles around the fountains. There are benches and chairs, and they are always good gathering places for people to rest a bit and enjoy the growing things.