Wednesday 1 April 2009

Bursting Buds



These rather strange-looking brushes are actually the bursting buds of a lovely golden elder we have. We cut it down every year, and each spring these little red brushes sprout, and rapidly turn into the most glorious yellow leaves.



And speaking of yellow leaves, this willow trees coming into leaf looks more yellow than green in the afternoon sun!

Having had my eyes photographed, at a far-distant hospital and after a very long wait, I have now been telephoned by the Hospital with an appointment to see the Consultant next week. Of course, my mind is now thinking of all sorts of dire situations: why do they want to see me so soon? Am I going blind? Will I have to have an operation? HELP!

Better go and do something really useful, like cook the dinner!

6 comments:

Sue said...

Those buds look a bit science fiction don't they? Good job we know they are going to look feathery and pretty.

x

Anonymous said...

Gilly, I don't know how you happened upon my blog, but I am so glad you did - and left a comment, because now I have found yours and will add it to my list because it 'speaks' to me. Don't we all worry as we get older at the tweaks and irritations of our bodies (and minds) and wonder what they mean? Best of luck with the appointment re your eyes, I will be thinking of you. And now back to reading through your postings.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Gilly...try not to worry. Keep us posted.
Love, Tina x

sojourner said...

beautiful pictures - think good thoughts silly gilly!

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Hope all goes well with your appointment.

cottonreel said...

Hello Gilly, I,m cottonreel. Thankyou for leaving a comment on my blog. We are about the same age. I also have eye problems,macular degeneration, glaucoma and cataracts , I put latanaprost drops in my eyes at night .I don,t see straight lines any more. I don,t worry about it . I just carry on enjoying lifeI have a graph to look at. If the time comes when I can only see the lines all merging togetherIv,e been told to go to the hospital as emergency.