Sunday 3 November 2013



I feel very guilty at not having posted here for so long - I am surprised if anyone still reads my blog!     I have no real excuse, except that life, in all its rather tricky ways, has got in the way!

The above photograph was taken in the summer, when the early morning sun slanted in the garden in a rather attractive way.   Now alas, the early sun, if there is any, is from the other corner of the garden, and the sun stays low all day!   There are a lot of tallish trees on our right hand side, which belong the the garden next door, which give shade most of the day now, so we don't get much sun.   The house belongs to a very old lady, who, I suspect has no idea what the garden is like now.   Oh well, maybe if her son comes over from Australia again, we can prevail upon him to trim the hedge/trees a bit!

Our holiday seems a long way away now.   We occasionally think about booking another cruise, but we would like to go to the eastern Mediterranean this time, and that means flying to somewhere, like Venice, first.   I've no objection to Venice, but the hassle of flying, or rather, actually getting on the the plane, rather puts me off.   So we have decided, more or less, to wait until much nearer the time, see how we are healthwise, and then get a last minute, cheaper, holiday.

Otherwise our family stays as it was.   We still have the dog, who is as ever fixated on food, my daughter is moving house later this year, and our great granddaughter is now at proper school, being a "Rising 5".   It just doesn't seem possible that time has gone so quickly!

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Nice to see you again Gilly. Life does get in the way sometimes I agree. Lovely photo too.

Kathy said...

I still read you when you pop up! I think a lot of bloggers have slowed down a lot lately, I know I certainly have. Sometimes you just don't have much to say. I think it's best to please yourself and not get too stressy about it all.
What a pity about those high trees next door. We had two of our own trees cut down earlier in the year, and I can't believe the difference it's made to our garden.
Best of luck!

Diane said...

That is a lovely photograph - I'm glad you posted it on this very horrible morning - it may be the only sunshine I see today! I cannot believe your great grandaughter is at proper school - time does fly by far too fast. I always read your blog and value your comments on mine. xxxx

21 Wits said...

Come what may, and come as often as you can, I know I'll be here, but I also have that hectic kind of hit and miss with blogging! Life is so important, not to miss a single beat of it! Enjoy your day, Gilly and your week!

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Still reading your blog Gilly - catching up because, as you say, 'life gets in the way'. Love this photo. x