Sunday 19 October 2008

Beginnings

I was persuaded, fairly easily, by my daughter that having one's own blog was a Good Thing. Haven't quite got the hang of organising the look of it yet, but working on it!

Today, the wind is blowing all the leaves off the trees. At this time of the year I rather like the leaves falling, as it means I can see the hills across the valley. (By the end of the winter I am tired of skeleton silhouettes, and long for the fresh green leaves to appear!) The hills in question are the beginnings of the Peak District, a National Park whioch is really in two bits, the southern part, the White Peak - limestone country, and impressive gorges, rivers and white drystone walls, and the nmorthern part, the Dark Peak - millstone grit and wild uplands, bogs, curlews and solitude. I love them both.

Alas, I cannot walk now unaided, and although I manage to get around with two crutches when outside, there is a limit to how far I can go. But I am working hard on being able to walk better, and maybe tackle some of the paths with just one stick!

However, I am pleased to say that my mind is still in good working order! I enjoy all sorts of sedentary activities, am learning to crochet, and in between sitting at the computer, reading books and getting muddled with wool, I love cooking, hate cleaning, and enjoy taking our dog, a cocker spaniel, out in the adjoining Park.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Welcome to Blogland! It's great fun and you'll make lots of friends. I'm so glad you've started. Enjoy yourself! x