Saturday 31 July 2010

Shadowy



Carmi's Thematic Challenge this week is "Shadowy", so I've posted this photo which was taken in the winter, early in the morning, when the trees were casting their shadows over the frozen lake.

If you look closely you can see a couple of moorhens legging it across the lake!



For quite different shadows, I liked the patterns made by the old sawing machine, powered by the watermill at Dunham Massey, near Manchester. It was very dark in the old Saw Mill, very noisy, and there wasn't much room to move around!

4 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

great pictures, winter sens are almost my favorite

Glennis said...

Wonderful shadowy pictures, Gilly. The machine is quite fascinating.

KathyA said...

That first photo make me want to go ice skating!

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

Great pictures! The first one looks so inviting - I would love to enter the picture to cool off.