Sunday 14 December 2008

Reflections


I love reflections. Usually nearly the same, but not quite. And looking at ourselves in a mirror is quite odd, as that is not how others see us. We will always be reversed. But then I never see myself as others see me, anyway!
But I do love the symmetry in nature. Leaflets that go neatly opposite each other, or alternately. Never one out of place. Petals fitting round the centre of flowers. And when we start looking through even a magnifying glass, let alone a microscope, life is simply amazing!
These trees in the photo are alders, and small finches and tits love the cones. If I am very lucky, a little flock of mixed finches and tits will be chattering through as I go pass, intent on their feeding, ignoring the galumphing world of humans!

5 comments:

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

i love alders...up here, next years buds are tinged blue,the cones are still hanging And the catkins too. You're right, the birds seem to adore these trees.

Marja said...

Very beautiful pictures First I thought you talked about reflections as in thoughts but reflections make you reflect and I love both Have a nice day

Rainbow dreams said...

I love reflections too, and I love your observations and thoughts, havea beautiful day, Katie, x

Maureen said...

I love the symmetry in nature too. It truly is astounding, all the varieties that there are of plants and wildlife.

I am enjoying your posts. You have a gift for photography, and reflective commentary.

(Ever thought about putting a book together???)

Linda S. Socha said...

Your pohtos and your posts are lovely. I had thought to the the disability you say you are dealing with. I wish you well and wish you health . I emjoy your blog.
Linda